Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Heaven on earth

Days pass by faster than the blink of an eyelid and each day is more and more futile bringing with it a sense of uncertainty and hopelessness. The only time I am at peace is when I climb those stairs leading to the terrace with an armload of books intending to get down to business. They are not moments of work but of contemplation. The cool, gentle breeze brushes away my tears in a way no friend of mine can. When I cry the sky covers me in a blanket of darkness so that nobody sees me in this shameful, feminine act of crying. Watching the birds fly homeward bound I feel an intense longing to break away from the chains that bind me and fly to freedom. You might miss that sorrow that I feel deep down, my helplessness and my desire to be loved, to be understood by someone, anyone, my loneliness, my craving for motherly care, fatherly protection, brotherly love and friendship…. I have a feeling that the closing night, the encasing air, the retreating birds and the rustling leaves know me better, they can understand what I feel, they soothe me in their own way….. you are my best friends…..
They don't scream at me, “ What the hell is wrong with you?” as others do, for they know….

No comments:

Post a Comment